Chops Hair Bar is committed to creating a safer and more organic salon. We believe in creating a chemical free environment – in particular an ammonia free environment – for the benefit of our clients and team.
We use Chi because no other colour comes close! CHI ammonia free, PPD free hair colour is the only full service full coverage ammonia free hair colour with longer lasting shades, perfect grey coverage and luminous reds. CHI hair colour also offers over 99 permanent shades.
Positives of Organic Ammonia Free Colours
- Ammonia free colour has no chemical smell.
- What does non-progressive colour mean? Extra processing time will not change the colour level or tone.
- Once the peroxide has released the oxygen, it becomes water and chi or biosilk/bioGlitz colour becomes colour conditioner.
- Natural silk amino acids
- Olive oil
- Botanicals and herb
- Semi-permanent or permanent
- 100% grey coverage guaranteed
- Hi-lift colour 1-4 levels
- Pleasant fragrance
- Consistent pH-gives total control
- Non-progressive colour
- Lifts Tint with Tint
- Leaves the Hair in Optimum Condition
Negatives of Ammonia and Why You Should Avoid It
- Ammonia is carcenogenic
- In conventional Ammonia colour, consistent pH is impossible to maintain due to the uncontrollable gas, created by Ammonia and Peroxide. This will keep oxidizing the dyes darker if left for extra time
- It is extremely toxic when concentrated vapours are inhaled and may be irritating to the eyes, hands, and mucous membranes. It may also cause hair breakage. In a strong solution, it may cause skin to burn and blister
- In contact with the skin, it can irritate and burn